Calling the Office
All non-emergency calls should be placed during regular office hours. Our office uses an automated phone system. When calling our office if you know the extension you may dial it immediately. Otherwise please choose one of the following extensions:
- Appointment Scheduling/Operator – 0
- Billing/Insurance – 145
- Medical Records/Forms – 104
- Prescription Refills – 123
- Physical Therapy Department – 112
- Special Studies Scheduling – 109
- Surgery Scheduling – 120
- X-ray Department – 122
A nurse is available during regular office hours to assist in answering your medical questions.
Our answering service will handle all calls placed after regular office hours. Please use this service for emergencies or urgent problems only. A physician is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your assistance.
Patients are seen by appointment only. Making your appointment in advance will enable us to arrange a time that is most convenient for you.
New Patients calling for an appointment will be asked to provide the following information:
- A brief description of your complaint or symptom
- Name of your insurance carrier
- Referring physician name
- Information regarding any previous treatment for this complaint/symptom such as x-rays, MRI, any special diagnostic studies and/or records from another physician.
New Patients plan on arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Please bring the following applicable items:
- Completed Patient Information Form, Self-History Forms and Financial Policy (You may print the forms from our Forms List)
- Insurance cards, co-pay and written referral form (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Workers compensation billing information and written verification from your employer (Work-Related injury/Illness)
- Photo identification
- Any medical records, x-rays (films/CDs with reports) or diagnostic studies (nerve conduction study, etc.) related to your complaint/symptom
- List of your medications including any over-the-counter medications, vitamins and supplements
If you need to cancel an appointment, kindly notify our office at least 24 hours in advance.
Prescriptions and Renewals
Refills of prescriptions can be filled only during regular office hours. Please use the dedicated phone extension (123) to request medication refills. Please allow 24 hours for processing. Any requests for refills after 3 P.M. will not be addressed until the next day. During your office visits, please remind us if you are low on medication and need prescription refills.
X-rays taken in our office are the property of Mid-Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists. They are a part of the patient’s permanent medical record. Upon notification, copies of your x-rays will be provided to you for a minimal fee. These copies are then the property of the patient and do not need to be returned to our office.
Unless a special request is made, x-rays brought to our office will be returned to the patient.
Fees, Payments and Insurance
Our practice participates with most insurances, HMOs and PPOs. The appointment receptionist will provide you with the current information of participating insurances and networks. Patients are responsible for all deductibles, co-payments and any services not covered by insurance at the time of service. Some insurances such as Medicare and HMOs do not cover medical supplies.
Most HMO and managed care plans require a referral for all services. Patients are responsible for obtaining insurance referrals.
When insurance questions arise, please call our Billing Department.
If you were injured on the job, you must provide written verification from your employer stating the date of your accident or injury and that the injury is recognized as work related. We must also have the name, address and phone number of the compensation carrier. We will send all bills and reports directly to the compensation carrier.
If this information is not available, you will be responsible for payment of services rendered.
You are responsible for notifying your employer and compensation carrier of your work status. Off work slips will be provided for your employer.
Off Work or School Excuses
Please request off work notes or school excuse at the time of your scheduled appointment.